Fix the aesthetic flaws in your neck with a neck lift
The neck lift is an aesthetic plastic surgery procedure to enhance the aesthetic features of the neck. Even though men and women remain too obsessed with the appearance of their faces, it is equally important to revitalize the neck area. Unfortunately, many people disregard or fail to ascertain the importance of the neck in their aesthetic appearances.
The neck is one of the most visible and primary places where the signs of aging emerge fairly quickly. Other factors that take toll on the neck include sun damage, weight fluctuations, gravity, stress, and genetics. These factors make the neck saggy and hanging over time.
You should, therefore, be sensitive to any changes in the aesthetics of your neck and take necessary interventions to fix them. If the skin in your neck has lost elasticity and has become loose, or if fat accumulation in your neck is tarnishing your aesthetic features, the neck lift procedure can help fix the conditions.
Also popular as rhytidectomy, the neck lift removes the noticeable signs of aging and other adverse factors in the jowl and neck. After the procedure, your neck will appear aesthetically appealing and youthful. You can expect your neck to complement your face and overall anatomy after the neck lift procedure. The results of neck lift include a smooth and well-contoured neck.
When to Consider Neck Lift
Neck lift is a very effective neck rejuvenation procedure that can help fix a number of aesthetic flaws in your neck. You should consider a neck lift procedure if:
- Excessive fat accumulation and skin slackening has occurred in the area that forms your jowls
- Excessive fat pockets have developed under your chin
- Loose skin has developed in your neck
- Unusual outlines have emerged in your neck due to muscle banding
In most cases, the neck lift is performed in combination with other necessary procedures, such as fat grafting, eyelid surgery, lip job, brow lift, and facelift.
How is the Neck Lift Performed?
If performed by an experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon, the neck lift surgery can deliver dramatic aesthetic improvements to the patient's neck. The procedure involves excision of excessive skin and fat pockets from the neck. It may also involve reshuffling and repairing of the underlying muscle to contour and smoothen the target area.
While the neck lift procedure boasts good safety record, it is a major operation, so patients are advised to choose their plastic surgeons judiciously. The improvements in plastic surgery technologies and techniques over time have not only improved the outcomes of neck lift but have also made the surgery safer. With the use of latest technologies like laser, the downtime, scarring, bruising, risks, and discomforts associated with neck lift have drastically decreased.
The neck lift procedure is normally performed under local or general anesthesia and sedative. The procedure can be completed in 1-2 hours. While it is an outpatient procedure, some patients may be required to stay in the hospital overnight. If the procedure is performed through the use of laser, the patient can go home immediately after the surgery.
- The first step of the procedure involves the placement of two or three tiny incisions for removal of excessive fat from the target area. The incisions are normally placed behind the ears and under the chin to make the resulting scars invisible.
- Liposuction is then used to remove the excessive fat from the neck. The liposuction cannula is introduced in the target area through the incisions. Some surgeons prefer to use laser-assisted liposuction (laser lipolysis), while others prefer use the traditional liposuction or surgical excision in this step. The use of laser lipolysis comes with more benefits.
- If needed, the slack muscles will be tautened and a tiny part of the platysma muscle will be excised.
- If required, fat will be contoured or reshuffled from the jowls and neck.
- The skin will be pulled over the elevated outlines, and the excessive skin will be excised.
- The incisions will be sutured and closed.
Using Laser Lipolysis for Neck Lift
The laser neck lift procedure basically involves the use of laser-assisted liposuction to removal excessive fat from the neck. During the procedure, laser is also used to separate the area between the skin, subcutaneous fat, and platysma. This procedure is conduced under local anesthesia.
The laser lipolysis makes the neck firmer by tightening the skin through dermal heating, in addition to using sutures to contour the neck. Laser lipolysis is a straightforward and less risky procedure that delivers sustainable aesthetic results, according to a study. At Harmonia Surgical Tourism, we use only FDA approved laser technologies.
Advantages of Laser Neck Lift/Laser Lipolysis
Laser lipolysis comes with a number of advantages that have already been established by a number of studies, including a study that appeared in the journal of Facial Plastic Surgery in 2011. Some advantages of laser neck lift include the following:
- Shorter operation time - usually 45 minutes
- Use of local anesthesia
- No pain and discomforts like fatigue
- No downtime - patient can go home immediately
- Patients can resume their routine activities after a day or two
- Unlike the traditional method, the use of laser make the skin elastic
- The procedure is minimally invasive, which means minimum bleeding, minimum scarring and bruising, and minimum discomforts
- Blood vessels are not severely injured or damaged during the procedure
- The laser helps coagulate blood in the target area, which expedites the healing process
- Impressive aesthetic outcomes
- Results are highly sustainable
- The risks and side effects are substantially lower than the traditional approaches
Candidacy for Neck Lift
In order to qualify for the neck lift procedure, your skin needs to have some degree of elasticity, because the skin is required to survive a good amount of stretching after the surgery.
Secondly, you must have realistic expectations from the surgery, because while neck lift boasts a good history of delivering impressive results, there is never a guarantee for the results of any plastic surgery procedure to be 100 percent ideal. Your aesthetic goals also must be reasonable.
Thirdly, you must have an overall good health to be eligible for neck lift. Neck lift is a major operation, so you must share your complete health and medications history with the plastic surgeon beforehand. If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking before the surgery, so you can heal properly and quickly.
How to Select a Plastic Surgeon for Neck Lift
As stated earlier, neck lift is a major surgery, which means that it entails a number of risks, side effects, and potential complications. In order to have a safer procedure and get impressive aesthetic results, you must select only a qualified plastic surgeon to perform your neck lift procedure.
In order to be sure that your surgeon is qualified, trained, and experienced, you should look at whether he/she is certified by any major plastic surgery board, such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, or the Turkish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
Why Choose Us
Hamonia Surgical Tourism is a reputed name in aesthetic plastic surgery sector of Turkey. Our patients come from across the world, including Turkey, Europe, Canada, and USA. We are facilitating surgical tourism by offering top-notch aesthetic plastic surgery services at reasonable prices.
- Our plastic surgery team is highly competent and most of our surgeons are board-certified, with membership of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the Turkish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Most of our surgeons have more than 10 years of experience in aesthetic plastic surgery.
- We use only the best quality and FDA approved equipment, technology, and tools, including the laser technology that we have gained reputation for.
- We extend unmatched services and care to our patients who visit use from around the world. Our surgical team goes way out in making sure that you go home with impressive, natural-looking aesthetic improvements in your body.
- With us, you'll always feel at home, because we provide you a total solution: airport pickup and drop off, hotel transfer, hotel accommodation, travel to and fro hospital, in additional to the core operative services.
- We hold ourselves to the highest levels of professionalism and integrity and strictly follow the international healthcare standards.
- Our professional staff will guard your privacy and respect your culture.
The trust invested in our services by our clients from 41 countries so far have elevated us to a world class aesthetic plastic surgery provider. When you choose us to undertake your neck lift or any other plastic surgery procedure, we extend the best possible support to you.
If you are looking for the best and affordable neck lift procedure in Turkey, you may initiate an online consultation now, or contact our Istanbul office at +90- (212) 465 6071 or whatsapp at +90-(549)465 6071.