Revitalize and enhance your facial aesthetics with a facelift
Facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is an aesthetic plastic surgery that tones the face by eliminating the unfavorable signs of aging, environmental factors, gravity, stress, and genetics that often make the facial skin saggy. The facial skin becomes saggy, because deep crinkles develop between the mouth and nose, causing the jawline to become loose and dangling. Additionally, fat pockets and pleats may also develop about the neck that can further deteriorate your aesthetic appearance.
The facelift procedure can restore and revitalize the aesthetic features and qualities of your face, making you appear younger. The facial plastic surgery can effectively reverse the signs of aging in your face, and consequently boost your self-esteem.
When to Consider a Facelift
You should consider a facelift if:
- Your face has become saggy, especially the center of your face
- Profound wrinkles have developed under your lower eyelids
- Deep folds have appeared alongside your nose, spreading all the way to the curve of your mouth
- The fat in your face is dropping or has vanished, causing the skin to fall
- You have lost skin tone in the lower part of your face and the jawbone
- Saggy skin and surplus fat pockets have developed below the chin and jawline, making your appear double chinned
Depending on your aesthetic needs, the plastic surgeon may advise you to undergo a combo procedure, which combines other essential procedures with the facelift procedure. The common procedure often used in combination with the facelift includes brow lift, neck lift, fat grafting, upper lip lift, and blepharoplasty. There are different techniques to do them all; surgical, non-surgical cosmetic or laser assisted so according to your deformity and plastic surgeon's experience and specialty on the technique, you can have various alternatives to achieve the best outcome.
What to Expect
A facelift can restore your youthfulness and facial aesthetic features by firming the core muscles, removing and redistributing the excessive fat, and tightening the skin in your face and neck. Even though the facelift procedure cannot completely stop the natural aging process, a mini facelift or full facelift has the potential to slow down the effects of aging for a longtime and make you appear several years younger, on a sustainable basis. Your face can also become saggy after drastic weight loss, and facelift can help rejuvenate and refresh your look after weight loss as well.
There is no doubt that the facelift procedure is a fruitful investment for eligible patients, because it can enhance their aesthetic appearance and boost their self-confidence. A number of studies have already found the aesthetic outcomes of the facelift procedure to be very effective. According to a study published in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery journal, 68.5 percent patients said the results achieved via facelift was excellent and beyond their expectations.
Candidacy for the Facelift Procedure
While facelift is a great way to enhance the aesthetics of your face, not everyone can qualify for the procedure. In order to qualify for the surgery, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. Your plastic surgeon will thoroughly examine your face during the initial consultation and determine whether the procedure can be beneficial for you.
Secondly, you must have an overall good health condition to qualify for the facelift procedure. If you are suffering from serious health complications like cardiac diseases, pulmonary complications, diabetes, blood disorders, autoimmune diseases, and hypertension, you must bring this information to the knowledge of your surgeon to have needful precautions before surgery or discuss the non-surgical face rejuvenation options with you.
Please remember, Not informing your surgeon on your health conditions before surgery can create serious health problems for you during or after the facelift surgery.
If you are a smoker and/or taking certain drugs like blood thinning medications, you must share this information with your surgeon, so that precautionary measures could be put into place during the surgery.
Your skin also must have enough elasticity in order for you to qualify for the facelift procedure. An elastic skin is able to adapt to the new, enhanced contours and anatomy after the surgery. In such cases with loss of elasticity at a level, your plastic surgeon can advise a laser face rejuvenation before or after surgery to be combined to have the best result.
Having a definite, core bone structure is yet another criteria to qualify for facelift. In addition, your expectations and aesthetic goals must be realistic and reasonable, as there is never a guarantee that the outcomes will be entirely what you desire.
Steps of the Traditional Facelift Procedure
Unlike the laser facelift procedure, the traditional facelift is an inpatient surgery performed under general anesthesia or IV sedation. The procedure normally takes between 4-5 hours. If additional procedures are combined with facelift, the surgery time can increase.
- The surgery starts with the placement of incision in the hairline, which proceeds about the ear and stops in the lower scalp.
- Depending on your facial aesthetic requirements, fat transfer may be used to sculpt and contour the face, jawline, and neck.
- The core tissue will then be relocated, and if needed, the deep facial skin layers and muscle will be raised to an ideal level.
- The skin is then tightened, and the excessive skin is excised.
- If necessary, another incision will be used to enhance your neck.
- The incisions will be sutured or stitched
- Patients who have got drooping jawlines, saggy skin in the neck, and/or fat collection underneath the jawbone will be fixed via a neck lift
Why Choose the Laser Facelift Procedure
The laser facelift procedure is a modern alternative to the traditional facelift surgery. The results of laser facelifts are relatively more or less effective and the procedure is relatively safer. Many patients prefer the laser facelift, because:
- It does not involve the use of any type of anesthesia
- It is an outpatient procedure, meaning that you can go home right after the procedure so we allow you to fly back home the same day if you like
- The procedure involves very little downtime like 3-4 days of redness and slight puffiness
- Recovery is very smooth and you can resume work and other routine activities two days after the surgery with or without make up as you wish
- It does not interrupt your daily life
- It is painless and doesn't leave behind any bruising and scarring
Selecting Your Facelift Surgeon
The facelift surgery is a major operation, so you must be sure to choose only a licensed, highly experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. Selecting an unqualified, inexperienced doctor, or unlicensed practitioners will not only leave you dissatisfied with the aesthetic results but also can end up with serious health complications. Reputed, experienced and board-certified plastic surgeons are well versed in carrying out facelift surgery, and they take care of your safety during and after the surgery.
Why Choose Us
Based in Istanbul, Turkey, Hamonia Surgical Tourism is a reputed name in the aesthetic plastic surgery. We are committed to enhance your appearance and make you several years younger looking through our facelift surgery service and other procedures. Our facility is equipped with the latest plastic surgery technologies and we make sure that your time with us is comfortable at every step.
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced plastic surgeon to undertake your facelift procedure, request an online consultation now or call our Istanbul office at +90- (212) 465 6071-72 or whatsapp +90-(549)465-60-71