The god and human, nature and art are together in there, they have created such a perfect place that it is valuable to see.
If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul.
Alphonse de Lamartine
Lamartine's famous poetic line reveals his love for İstanbul, describing the embracing of two continents, with one arm reaching out to Asia and the other to Europe.
İstanbul, once known as the capital of capital cities, has many unique features. It is the only city in the world to straddle two continents, and the only one to have been a capital during two consecutive empires - Christian and Islamic. Once was capital of the Ottoman Empire, İstanbul still remains the commercial, historical and cultural pulse of Turkey, and its beauty lies in its ability to embrace its contradictions. Ancient and modern, religious and secular, Asia and Europe, mystical and earthly all co-exist here.
Its variety is one of İstanbul’s greatest attractions: The ancient mosques, palaces, museums and bazaars reflect its diverse history. The thriving shopping area of Taksim buzzes with life and entertainment. And the serene beauty of the İstanbul strait, Princes Islands and parks bring a touch of peace to the otherwise chaotic metropolis.
Do not return before ...
- Seeing Suleymaniye and Sultanahmet Mosques which are the religious and architectural Masterpieces of Istanbul
- Visiting Haia Sophia and Kariye Museums
- Walking around Topkapi and Dolmabahce Palaces and Rumeli Citadel
- Cruising at Bosphorus and around Princess Islands
- Watching Istanbul at Galata Tower and Pierre Loti
- Hearing about Cultural and Artistic Events
- Seeing the entertainment life of Istanbul
- Popping in Ortakoy bazaar
- Touring by Phaeton in Buyukada (Princess Islands)
- Eating fish at Bosphorus, Kumkapi, Flowers Pasage; yoghurt in Kanlica; profiterol in Beyoglu
- Buying carpet, jewelery, leather in Grand Bazaar; lokum, baklava, bacon, sugar candy, spice in Egyptian Bazaar
- Shopping in Beyoglu and in many mega shopping centers in Istanbul
You may have many alternatives in Istanbul...
- Sea Tourism
- Golf Tourism
- Thermal Tourism
- Congress Tourism
- Kamping Tourism
- Observation of Birds
- Observation of Plants
- Wildlife Protection Areas
- Nature Protection Areas
- Historical Places
- Touristic Places
- Cultural Places
Please follow the useful links about Istanbul to have detailed information.